The following is a list useful links that I have compiled. If you wish to be added to this list, please send me an e-mail at
- Don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear
the genetics of ear wax
Created: October 11, 2006
- Will malaria soon be a thing of the past?
the potential of recombinant protein vaccines to control one of the world's most deadly diseases
Created: June 26, 2006
- What you see is not what you get
DNA barcoding is helping scientists unveil nature's most hidden diversity
Created: August 01, 2005
- Do brains have a freshness date?
the effect of aging on the human brain
Created: January 12, 2005
- Who let the dogs out?
a genetic classification of dog breeds
Created: October 13, 2004
- Microbial diversity: let's tell it how it is
Created: March 04, 2004, Updated: March 26, 2004
- Talking about the genetics of talking:
the discovery of the first "speech and language" gene
Created: November 1, 2003
- Variations on a gene:
investigating the genetic basis of iron overload
Created: August 25, 2003
- A small fortune:
small RNAs involved in the regulation of developmental timing
Created: June 5, 2002
- Finding Fanconi:
the hunt for the cause of autosomal dominant renal Fanconi syndrome
Created: October 22, 2001
- Opening the flood gates?
association of NOD2 with Crohn's disease
Created: August 6, 2001
- Honey, I shrunk the genome:
genome reduction in the leprosy bacillus
Created: April 30, 2001
- Ready, steady, go!
a two-part switch that regulates gene expression
Created: March 12, 2001
- Fluorescent timer:
the E5 mutant of the red coral protein drFP583 changes its fluorescence from green to red over time
Created: January 22, 2001
- Cytosolic help for mitochondrial defects:
a novel method for importing tRNA into mitochondria in order to suppress mutations
Created: December 4, 2000
- The mouse that eats less but gains weight:
a neuropeptide receptor, Mc3r, is shown to play a role in regulating energy stores
Created: November 6, 2000
- Tuberous sclerosis complex in flies too?
a fly homolog to TSC2, called gigas, plays a role in cell cycle regulation
Created: July 27, 2000
- The beginning of the END:
the EAST protein assembles a nucleoskeleton between chromosomes
Created: June 16, 2000
- Mutations and blood clots:
how point mutations in clotting factor genes conspire to increase the risk of thrombosis
Created: April 26, 2000
- Viruses provide direction on the plant information superhighway:
a viral movement protein helps to identify a counterpart in plants
Created: December 8, 1999
- How Candida albicans switches phenotype - and back again:
the SIR2 silencing gene has a say in Candida's colony type
Created: November 24, 1999
- PTEN and the tumor suppressor balancing act:
PTEN turns out to be the first tumor suppressor to have phosphatase activity
Created: November 10, 1999
- The Salmonella battle plan:
how Salmonella gain entry into human intestinal cells to grow and divide
Created: October 27, 1999
- RNA surveillance: watching the defectives:
detecting premature stop codons in mRNA halts the production of dangerous truncated proteins
Created: October 13, 1999
- The compound eye of flies divulges evolutionary secrets:
analysis of fly eye development may shed light on human eye disease
Created: September 29, 1999
- The neighborhood of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein:
new clues on Alzheimer's pathology from other proteins linked to amyloid plaque formation
Created: September 15, 1999
- What do Lyme disease and syphilis have in common?
two pathogenic spirochetes unexpectedly share an ATP synthase
Created: September 1, 1999
- Dissecting the mechanism of our internal clock:
how living organisms tune in to the time of day
Created: August 18, 1999
- Ubiquitin links Parkinson's disease genes:
a tantalizing link between two new genes
Created: August 4, 1999
how plant genes found their way into a human parasite
Created: July 15, 1999
You will find the subtitles of all the movies in nearly all language here
Be sure to place a description of your link for your viewers here!
E! Online. Entertainment's home page.
Nasdaq Stock Market Information
Largest collection of free MP3s to play or download, free MP3 software
BabyCenter Store--content and quality products--You name it, we have it.
You know us as the Internet's original search engine.
One of the most visited hubs on the Internet, reaching one out of every two Web users.
With over half a million sites, divided into more than 25,000 categories, Yahoo! is both browseable and searchable.
GO Network is a new brand that brings together the very best of the Internet in one, easy-to-use place.